Monday, September 14, 2009

About Me.

Let me introduce myself.

This is actually my SECOND blog, so you probably won't be seeing a whole lot of activity on here. For daily chronicles, you should hop over to my original blog, www.thecleftofthematter.blogspot.com.

I recently became a stay at home mom, and my intent is to use this blog to post ideas for other stay at home mom's to use as entertainment for their kiddos - snack ideas, learning games, arts & crafts, and so on. We'll see how this goes.

So for the last seven years I worked in the rental industry. When my company effected layoffs at the end of July, my job was cut. My husband (Daddy Mac) and I (Mommy Mac) decided that I would at least temporarily stay home with our kids - Monster Boy who is 4, and Little Miss Sunshine, who is 7 months old. We made this decision based in part on the fact that Miss Sunshine has a cleft palate and will require surgery (currently scheduled for January) which involves a two week recovery period, and starting a new job would prevent me from being able to be home for that. The current plan is for me to be a stay at home mom through the end of next summer at least. Depending on what our financial situation is at that point, when Monster Boy starts school full time, I will either go back to work or continue to stay home. Since Daddy Mac just started a new job the week after I got laid off (as he had been laid off the six months before that!) we aren't really sure where we will be in a year - so we are playing this all by ear. I will be going back to school next semester to get a second degree in nursing - starting with my LPN, which I am hoping to be able to finish by next September by taking night and summer classes - and then we will be looking into me getting my RN after that, depending on how things go.

So for now, I am a stay at home mom. And I have come up with all sorts of cute and fun activities for my son and I to do, along with creating fun snack and lunch ideas (some of which I am sure you have heard of before...) that I plan to share at least weekly. So, welcome to my blog - and to my exciting new life as a stay at home mom!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
design by Grumpy Cow Graphics | Distributed by Deluxe Templates